I first tried charred shishito peppers at Jack Dusty in Sarasota and I've been hooked on them ever since. Shishito peppers are small and mild and used frequently in East Asian cooking. In fact, it's predicted that 1 in every 10 actually has heat, so if you aren't a fan of spicy, you'll be pretty safe in eating these. I love my Dash Air Fryer, so I'm always looking for new things to cook in it. Check out this super simple recipe for charred shishito peppers!
Shishito peppers (I found mine at Walmart, but they can be found at most grocery stores and farmers markets!)
Pink Himalayan Salt
- Wash shishito peppers and then dry them.
- Use a toothpick to pierce a hole on the bottom and the top of the peppers. This allows the hot air to escape so they don't burst while cooking.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Take them out and squeeze the lemon juice on them
- Sprinkle Pink Himalayan Salt on top